On behalf of the James Herbert White Library staff we would like to welcome you to the Computer Commons. In the Computer Commons you will be allowed to use the computers at your leisure. There will be times when you might be asked to leave if you are checking your email, or on one of the many social network sights. This is done to allow other students who are doing work to use the computers. The service is free to the faculty, staff and student body. We do however charge for printing .
Printing is $.10 per black and white copy and $.25 per color copy. We do have a fax machine in the director's suite. We also scan document but the documents will have to be scanned and saved to some type of media device that you provide. We ask that you sign in on our sign in sheet when you enter the lab. This is done as a means of statistics as well as keeping track of patronsin the event of an emergency. It is als a means of documentation should you need it for a professor to prove that you visited the library on a certain day at a certain time. When signing in we ask that you print your name, ID number, time in and time out. We want to count you all. Have a blessed day!
Enjoy Your Computer Commons Visit
Commonly asked Questions
1. Do I get my user name and password from you?
No. You will have to go to Annex I to get your user name and password.
2. Where do I get my MVSU email address and username for the computers?
You will get them from Annex I.
3. Can you print something for me, it’s on my jump drive?
No. We have computers set up for printing purposes ONLY.
4. Can I print and then bring the money back to you?
5. I made a mistake and printed the wrong thing, do I have to pay for it?
Yes, you pay for what you print. Double check your work
before sending it to the printer.
6. Can I sit at this computer that prints and edit my document, then print?