Commonly asked questions
1. Can I check books out at Reference?
Yes, books can be check out at the reference desk, all except reference books
2. Can I renew books?
Just contact your locat staff to renew items
3. How do I figure out what titiles are owned by the Library?
Students as well as non students can search the library collection through our online catalog known as (Herbie Card Catalog)
4. What services are offered?
Along with reference services, including assistance using many online resources
5. When are the Hours of Operation?
Please consult the library home page for hours, locations, and phone numbers
6. Where do I check books out?
Books may be checked out at the circulation or reference desk
7. Where are the copy machines located?
There are one machines located just pass the Reference Desk down the hall to the left. Copies are 10cent per page.
8. Why are certain books kept at the Reference Desk?
The books at the Reference Desk are there because the librarians need to find them quickly to answer the most
commonly asked reference questions
9. What type of questions will the librarians answer?
All types, but librarians do not provide medical nor legal advice. The staff will give patrons assistance in locating this type of information.
10. How much will it cost to print a document that I find on the internet?
You will be charged 10 cent per page
11. How does J.H. White Library notify me when I have overdue books?
When an item is overdue, you will be notified with a paper notice in your box, e-mail, or by telephone.