Library Hours of Operation
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
7:30am - 10:00pm
7:30am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 4:00pm
2:00pm - 10:00pm
Director's Office 662-254-3494
Process for Retrieving Materials from Main Campus Library
The library collections at MVSU’s Itta Bena campus are open and accessible to all students at the
1. Check the online public access catalog (Herbie) for desired materials via http://mvsu.sirsi.net ;
3. MVSU’s main campus library will process the request;
4. Requested titles are sent via courier to the centers;
5. Materials should retrieved from the designated place at each center; and
6. Materials should be returned promptly to ensure delivery back to the main campus
How to get help with Research
The Reference Department offers one-on-one consultation services to Mississippi Valley State University faculty, staff, and students who need assistance with the research process and with identifying and using print and electronic resources available in the James H. White Library. This service is designed for those with in-depth questions who would like to talk one-on-one with a reference librarian.
Use this sign up form to schedule an appointment with a librarian. Appointment times are available from 8am – 8pm, Monday – Thursday; 8am – 3pm, Friday; 11am – 3pm, Saturday; and 2pm – 8pm, Sunday.
Main Campus Library News
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 to Friday, Aug 4, 2017: Library Summer Hours The Library will operate from 7:30am - 8:00pm Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 4:00pm Friday and 2:00pm - 7:00pm on Sundays during summer hours.
How To Guides
These guides will students to understand how to use the card catalog, electronic databases and/or how to conduct research.